Patch 5.01 isn't as big of an update as the patches released with the release of VALORANT chapter five, but it does include a handful of important changes. The new patch will be an update that specifically brings some buffs to Phoenix and targets smurfs.
Since Phoenix often lags behind other duelists, some buffs will be introduced this patch to make himself more playable. Also, KAY/O and Yoru received some minor changes in this update.
Here is the full list of updates and changes included in VALORANT Patch 5.01.
VALORANT 5.01 Patch Notes Agent Updates
- Maximum flash time increased: 1,1s. >>> 1,5 sec.
- Blinding grenade crafting time decreased: 0,7 sec. >>> 0,5 sec.
Wall of Fire(C)
- Phoenix will now equip his weapon sooner if he stops bending his wall.
- Phoenix now respawns at the marked location with full health and the amount of armor used when casting the ability.
Interdimensional Transition (X)
- Ultimate duration increased: 10 sec. >>> 12 sec.
- Ability release time decreased: 1,2 sec. >>> 0,8 sec.
KAY / O
- Field diameter decreased: 10 meters >>> 8 meters
- Now deals damage whether or not it's in line of sight.
- After crashing, only comrades will now hear the full sound of KAY/O being lifted again.
- Enemies will hear a short sound only when the lift starts again. This will spawn ultimate orbs or gameplay similar to tapping the Spike.
New Secondary Account (Smurf) Detection Feature (North America)
- The feature we've added to our secondary account detection systems allows new players (we mean all new accounts) to be matched with players of the appropriate skill level much faster than before.
- We're testing this change in North America first. Once we are sure that everything is working correctly, we will implement it all over the world.
- The testing process will begin the week of July 11, 2022.
- Improved collision behavior when walking next to or behind another player.
- This will greatly reduce the delay when walking close to each other with your comrades (running into an area or leaving the starting area will now be more comfortable!).
Twin Hunters in Spike Rush mode will now damage destructible walls.
- Fixed a bug that caused it to go directly to the top or bottom when you scrolled through the chat window or friend list with the Pure Input Time setting turned on.
- Fixed a bug that caused the invulnerability to kick in later than intended when using the Interdimensional Transition ability.
- Fixed a bug where Sova's Shock Arrow was not dealing damage to enemy traps and other game objects (except players).
- Fixed a bug where Fade's Haunting ability would sometimes reveal enemies behind thin walls.
You may be interested in: VALORANT VCT Masters Copenhagen: match schedule, format and more